Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hopeful Accomplishment

After a much too short though extended summer, school has reared it's not so ugly head, and the new junior class is herded into the cold commons. But really, I'm not as negative as I sound, though the commons is dreadfully cold. I was actually rather looking forward to returning, and with the anticipation, comes expectations...
This year should, with any luck, go much smoother than the last few. I have quite a few goals, hopefully I will reach some, actually, I'm almost certain I will reach at least a few. On a very basic level, I hope to be able to stay in school all year and be able to work as well as I possibly can. Additionally, I would like to find that creative mind I used to have which, due to recent events/medications, seems to have gone into hiding. I would like to speak up more in class, but only if there are relevant thoughts in my head. Also, I would like to spend as much time as possible focusing on becoming a more well-rounded person, and learning about all elements of culture, my own and others.
All in all, I know I want to do my best, but there are equally, if not more, important things than grades. I would like to get all I can out of my classes, and learn as much as possible about subjects I am interested in without closing my mind to topics I never gave a second thought before. To be satisfied with my year I have to make it better than the last, and in order to push myself as far as I can, I need to remember not to go too far. As long as I keep in mind who I want to be, I'm sure I can be all I want to be, and the year will fall into place naturally. I'm looking forward to an amazing year, the cup is half full again, and this time I know that's because it's up to me to fill it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment